Looking to upgrade your outdoor cooking game without breaking the bank? Look no further! In this article, we’ll be diving into the world of grills under 200 dollars. Whether you’re a seasoned grill master or just starting out, we’ve got you covered with a range of affordable options that deliver on both performance and value. Get ready to fire up those flavors and enjoy delicious barbecues without burning a hole in your wallet!
When it comes to finding the perfect grill, budget-friendly doesn’t have to mean compromising on quality. In this article, we’ll be exploring a variety of grills that offer exceptional features and durability, all for under 200 dollars. From compact portable grills to larger models with multiple burners, there’s a grill to suit every need and space. So get ready to explore the world of affordable grilling and find the perfect addition to your outdoor cooking arsenal.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Grill
As a grill master, I want to help you become a better BBQ enthusiast by guiding you through the process of choosing the right grill. When it comes to grills under $200, there are a few important factors to consider. Let’s dive in!
1. Size and Cooking Area
Consider the size of the grill and the amount of cooking area it offers. If you have a small backyard or balcony, a compact portable grill might be the perfect fit. They are easy to move around and store, making them ideal for smaller spaces. On the other hand, if you have a larger outdoor area and love hosting BBQ parties, a grill with multiple burners and a spacious cooking area will come in handy.
2. Fuel Type
Another factor to consider is the fuel type. Grills under $200 typically come in propane, charcoal, or electric options. Propane grills are convenient and easy to use, while charcoal grills offer that authentic smoky flavor. Electric grills are great for those who live in apartments or condos where open flames are not allowed. Consider your personal preference and the flavor profile you desire when choosing the fuel type.
3. Durability and Construction
It’s essential to choose a grill that’s built to last. Look for grills made from high-quality materials, such as stainless steel or cast iron. These materials are durable and can withstand high temperatures, ensuring that your grill will serve you well for years to come. Additionally, check for features like sturdy legs and a solid construction that will provide stability and support during cooking.
4. Heat Control
Having precise heat control is crucial for achieving the perfect BBQ results. Look for grills that offer adjustable heat settings or multiple burners, allowing you to control the temperature for different cooking techniques. This will give you the flexibility to sear steaks, slow cook ribs, or grill delicate vegetables with ease.
Best Grills Under $200
Now that you have a good understanding of the factors to consider when choosing a grill under $200, let’s take a look at some of the best options available in the market. These grills not only fit your budget but also provide excellent performance and features to enhance your grilling experience.
- Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill – This classic charcoal grill is a favorite among grilling enthusiasts. With a large cooking area, you’ll have plenty of space to cook for a small gathering. The adjustable dampers allow for precise heat control, and the sturdy construction ensures durability. The iconic design and excellent performance make it a top choice for charcoal grilling.
- Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Gas Grill – If you prefer the convenience of gas grilling, this grill is a great option. It features two burners, providing even heat distribution across the cooking surface. The side shelves offer extra workspace, and the durable construction ensures long-lasting use. With easy ignition and temperature control, you’ll be grilling like a pro in no time.
- Dyna-Glo Signature Series Vertical Charcoal Smoker – For those who want to venture into the world of smoking, this vertical charcoal smoker is an excellent choice. It has multiple cooking grates, allowing you to smoke different types of meat simultaneously. The built-in thermometer helps you maintain the ideal smoking temperature, while the sturdy construction ensures optimal heat retention.
Gas Grills Under $200
If you’re a beginner BBQ enthusiast looking to up your grilling game, investing in a gas grill is a great place to start. Gas grills are known for their convenience, ease of use, and quick heat-up time. Plus, with the right choice, you can find a high-quality gas grill under $200 that won’t break the bank.
When choosing a gas grill under $200, there are a few factors to consider:
1. Cooking Area: Look for a grill with a sufficient cooking area to accommodate your needs. Consider the number of people you typically cook for and whether you’ll be grilling large cuts of meat or smaller items like burgers and hot dogs.
2. BTU Output: BTU (British Thermal Units) measures the heat output of a grill. While a higher BTU doesn’t necessarily mean better cooking performance, it can help ensure that the grill reaches and maintains the desired temperature. Aim for a grill with a BTU output between 10,000 and 20,000.
3. Construction and Durability: Look for a gas grill that is built to last. Opt for models made from stainless steel or cast iron, as they tend to be more durable and resistant to rust. Check customer reviews and ratings to get an idea of the grill’s longevity.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s explore some of the best gas grills under $200 currently available:
- Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Gas Grill: This grill offers two burners, a 300 square inch cooking area, and a side burner for additional cooking versatility.
- Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill: With 40,800 BTUs and a 438 square inch primary cooking area, this grill is perfect for those who love to cook for a crowd.
- Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill: While compact in size, this grill packs a punch with 8,500 BTUs and a 189 square inch cooking area, making it ideal for small gatherings or tailgating.
Charcoal Grills Under $200
« The Ultimate Guide to Grilling Steak: Tips, Cuts, Preparation, Seasoning, and More
3 Versatile and Convenient Alternatives to Traditional Grilling Pans »
Now that we’ve covered gas grills under $200, let’s talk about another popular option for grilling enthusiasts – charcoal grills. Grilling with charcoal can add a unique smoky flavor to your food, and there’s something satisfying about tending to a fire while cooking. Plus, charcoal grills are often more affordable than their gas counterparts. Here are some top picks for charcoal grills under $200:
- Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill: This classic charcoal grill is a favorite among grill masters. It’s compact, easy to use, and offers excellent heat retention. With a 22-inch cooking area, you’ll have plenty of space to cook for a small gathering. The built-in ash catcher makes cleanup a breeze.
- Dyna-Glo Signature Series Heavy-Duty Barrel Charcoal Grill: If you’re looking for a larger cooking area, this grill is a great option. With 443 square inches of cooking space, you can easily grill for a crowd. The adjustable charcoal tray allows for precise heat control, and the heavy-duty construction ensures durability.
- Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill: If you’re interested in trying out a kamado-style grill, this compact option is a fantastic choice. The insulated steel construction retains heat efficiently, making it perfect for low and slow cooking. Despite its small size, it still offers 153 square inches of cooking space.
Remember, when grilling with charcoal, it’s essential to allow enough time for the coals to heat up properly before cooking. This ensures even heat distribution and prevents your food from sticking to the grates. Additionally, adding wood chips or chunks to the charcoal can enhance the smoky flavor of your dishes.
Electric Grills Under $200
If you’re a beginner BBQ enthusiast or simply looking for a convenient and easy-to-use option, electric grills under $200 are a great choice. These grills offer a hassle-free grilling experience without the need for charcoal or propane. Let’s take a closer look at some top picks in this category.
1. George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is a versatile option that can be used both indoors and outdoors. With a large cooking surface and adjustable temperature control, you’ll have no trouble grilling up your favorite dishes. Plus, its non-stick coating makes cleaning a breeze.
2. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill is a compact and efficient grill that delivers even heat distribution for perfectly cooked food every time. Its infrared technology eliminates hot and cold spots, ensuring consistent results. With a durable construction and easy-to-use controls, this grill is a reliable choice.
3. Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
The Weber Q1400 Electric Grill combines portability with powerful performance. Its compact size makes it perfect for small spaces, such as balconies or patios. Despite its size, this grill offers a generous cooking area and excellent heat retention. With its sleek design and reliable performance, it’s no wonder that the Weber Q1400 is a popular choice among grill enthusiasts.
When using an electric grill, it’s important to keep a few things in mind to ensure the best grilling experience. Preheat the grill for about 10-15 minutes before cooking to ensure even heat distribution. Additionally, make sure to clean the grill thoroughly after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its performance.
Remember, grilling is all about experimentation and finding what works best for you. So, don’t be afraid to try new recipes, techniques, and flavors. With these electric grills under $200, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a grill master in no time.
And now, let’s move on to exploring some grilling accessories that can take your BBQ game to the next level.
Tips for Maintaining Your Grill
As a grill master, you know that a well-maintained grill is the key to delicious and perfectly cooked meals. Here are some tips to help you keep your grill in top shape:
- Clean your grill after each use: After you’re done grilling, take a few minutes to clean your grill grates and remove any food residue. Use a grill brush to scrub away any stuck-on bits, and then wipe the grates with a damp cloth. This will prevent buildup and make your next grilling session much easier.
- Check and replace worn parts: Regularly inspect your grill for any signs of wear and tear. Look for rust, cracks, or loose fittings. If you notice any issues, it’s important to address them promptly. Replace any worn-out parts to ensure optimal performance and safety.
- Keep your grill covered: Protect your grill from the elements by using a grill cover when it’s not in use. This will help prevent rust and keep your grill looking like new. Make sure the grill is completely cool before covering it to avoid any fire hazards.
- Oil your grill grates: Before each use, lightly oil your grill grates to prevent food from sticking. Simply dip a folded paper towel in vegetable oil and use tongs to rub it onto the grates. This will create a non-stick surface and give your food those beautiful grill marks.
- Regularly clean the drip tray: The drip tray catches all the grease and drippings from your food, preventing flare-ups and keeping your grill clean. Empty and clean the drip tray regularly to avoid any buildup that could affect the performance of your grill.
- Store your propane tank properly: If you have a gas grill, it’s important to store your propane tank in a well-ventilated area away from heat sources. Make sure the valve is tightly closed, and check for any leaks before connecting the tank to your grill.
In this guide, you have learned about the key factors to consider when choosing a gas grill under $200, such as cooking area, BTU output, and construction and durability. We have provided recommendations for some of the best gas grills in this price range, including the Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Gas Grill, the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill, and the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill. These grills offer a range of features and cooking areas to suit your needs and budget.
We have also briefly discussed charcoal grills under $200, with top picks including the Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill, the Dyna-Glo Signature Series Heavy-Duty Barrel Charcoal Grill, and the Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill. We provided tips for grilling with charcoal and enhancing the smoky flavor of your dishes.
Furthermore, we explored electric grills under $200, including the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, and the Weber Q1400 Electric Grill. We highlighted the features and benefits of each electric grill and provided tips for using them effectively.
Remember to follow our tips for maintaining your grill, such as cleaning after each use, checking and replacing worn parts, keeping the grill covered, oiling the grates, cleaning the drip tray, and properly storing the